Somerville is seeking a full-time, in-office, Architectural Drafter. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide design support, for schematic design, design development, and construction documents
- Assist team with product research and with material selections
- Create and manage Building Information Modeling (BIM), utilizing Revit software
- Have a basic understanding of building codes and standards
- Complete tasks and responsibilities on projects in an organized, timely, and consistent manner with the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Communicate effectively within a collaborative team setting
- Self-check work for accuracy, omissions, legibility and proactively ask questions and express a genuine interest about project design
- Possess high level of task ownership and critical thinking ability
- Coordinate/collaborate with project consultants including engineers (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing/fire protection), landscape architects, etc.
Education & experience requirements:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Architectural Technology from an accredited technical college
- Comprehension of 2D / 3D production software
- Basic to intermediate experience with Revit
- Strong work ethic with an “all in” mentality
- Solid oral and written communication skills; detail-oriented
- Skilled working with Microsoft Office Suite
- 1-3 years related experience
Somerville, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and protected veteran status.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com