Office Administrator / Human Resources
Somerville is seeking a candidate for the position of Office Administrator / Human Resources. An ideal candidate would be an energetic professional who enjoys wearing multiple hats and being involved in a variety of tasks each day. As a 45-person professional service firm, we are dedicated to our clients, helping them envision their futures through thoughtful and innovative building design. We have that same dedication to our employee owners. This position brings together office management and human resources to help build a progressive work environment for our employee owners.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts including attending career fairs at various Wisconsin colleges
- Monitor performance management and improvement systems
- Administer Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) compliance and education
- Conduct employee orientation, development, and training
- Maintain employee handbook and safety plan including policy development and documentation,
- Promote employee relations & communication
- Administer benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, etc.
- Monitor employee safety, welfare, wellness and health initiatives
- Process weekly timesheets and bi-weekly payroll
- Manage efforts of the external IT consultant including approval of purchases
- Maintain company intranet site
- Maintain firm licensure in multiple states
- Maintain office equipment and negotiate contracts such as copiers, postage machine, internet and phone service
- Other tasks as assigned
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits programs and other human resources programs.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills
Education and experience:
- Degree or certification in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
- Three plus years of experience in Human Resources positions.