Somerville, Inc. in Green Bay, WI is actively seeking a full-time Specifications Writer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinate compliance with project requirements, office standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and codes.
- Prepare and review the procurement and contracting requirements, including the Division 1 General Requirement sections.
- Perform product research; assist project designers with material selection and system research.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors / suppliers.
- Provide continual development and improvement of Somerville Master Specifications including its specialized content for repeat clients.
- Assist project architects and project designers with material and system constructability.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Coordinate and review consultant technical specifications for conformance with office standards.
- Maintain technical resource library and list of technical resource contacts.
- Perform Comcheck Reports for Energy Code Compliance using the proper values for building materials as applicable to each individual project.
- Write Owner-Contractor agreements for projects using AIA software.
- Graduate of an accredited architecture program
- Professional license preferred but not required
- 5-10 years’ experience in specification writing