Somerville is seeking a full-time, in-office, Architectural Designer. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a creative and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Advanced knowledge in the development and coordination of technical drawings for schematic design, design development, and construction documents while maintaining firm standards in project delivery.
- Leads product research, assists team with material selection efforts and coordinates with specification writer.
- Create and manage Building Information Modeling (BIM), utilizing Revit software.
- Support project architect with, and participate in, internal and external design review processes.
- Possess knowledge of building codes, standards and requirements.
- Complete tasks and responsibilities on projects in an organized, timely, and consistent manner with the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Self-check work for accuracy, omissions, legibility and proactively ask questions and express curiosity about projects assignments
- Communicate effectively within a collaborative team setting.
- Possess high level of task ownership and critical thinking ability.
- Coordinate/collaborate with project consultants including engineers (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing/fire protection), landscape architects, etc.
- Conduct construction administration services including on-site construction meetings/ observations, RFI’s, submittal / shop drawing review, etc.
Education & experience requirements:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Architectural Technology from an accredited technical college
- Advanced production software experience with Revit and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu
- Strong work ethic with an “all in” mentality
- Visualization tools such as Enscape and Lumion
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Presentation software experience (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 5 years (minimum) related experience
Somerville, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and protected veteran status.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com