Somerville is seeking a full-time, in-office, Electrical Drafter. The candidate shall be proficient in the application of Revit software and carry a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Some experience is desired but not required, as training will accompany employment. Must be able to effectively communicate and function at a high level within a design team environment. The hourly wage will commensurate with experience and education.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Draft working drawings, details, sections, and elevations to indicate intent of engineered systems
- Verify and coordinate constructability of designed systems with other trades
- Review drawings, details, and related data to assess factors affecting designs
- Assemble drawing packages under supervision of an engineer or architect
- Work with engineers and designers to develop and maintain BIM standards
- Site survey existing conditions of facilities
- Obtain information on equipment from suppliers and select equipment with input from engineers and designers.
- Verify sizing of equipment, ductwork and piping during design process
Education & experience requirements:
- A minimum of an Associates Degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience in a related field
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Proficiency in REVIT and BIM systems
- Above average oral and written communication
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
Somerville, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and protected veteran status.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org