MPTC Student Services / Career Center Addition
Moraine Park Technical College
MPTC’s Fond du Lac Campus lacked a “front door” that was easily identifiable to all who visited the campus. The college also wanted to consolidate the services they offer to students, making them very visible and engaging to students who entered. Somerville worked with MPTC on an addition that would help the college achieve their goals along with aiding in rebranding the school, as well as improving occupant circulation on campus.
The result is a 10,400 SF addition at the main entrance to campus that introduces students to all services MPTC has to offer, all while creating a new “hub” for the college that engages students, visitors, and the local community.
The addition incorporates a masonry veneer with metal panels and glass curtain walls which blends with the existing building design while giving the campus a fresh contemporary look. Inside, you are greeted by a concierge who directs visitors to services in the immediate area, such as Career Services and Enrollment. Since the addition links the east and west ends of campus, there are accompanying services at the ends of each of these links, creating a true, one-stop-shop for the student.
fond du lac,
- New entrance addition, placing all student services at the “front door” of the college
- Created a concierge approach to the college where students and visitors are greeted in a new attractive space providing a “one-stop-shop” for services and assistance
- Incorporates exterior spaces with new interior spaces
- Links west side to the east side of campus
- New elevator and staircase added in the existing building to increase accessibility
- Consolidates student engagement, counseling, financial aid, and advising, creating a one-stop shop for students
- Classroom, conference rooms, flex space and offices were included in the project
- Includes sustainable features such as: daylight harvesting, low-flow toilet fixtures, recycled materials, LED lighting and exterior views
- Includes a community engagement room that can be reserved by the community for their use as well as the college