Zachow Train Depot
Zachow Historical Committee
The Zachow Historical Committee, an affiliate of the Bonduel Community Archives, spearheaded a project for the Shawano County Historical Society to build a replica of the Chicago & Northwestern Class 3 Depot that was built by the railroad for Zachow, Wisconsin in 1906, but was demolished in the ’60s. This replica was built in Heritage Park in Shawano, Wisconsin.
The 640 square foot depot houses a scale model based on the village of Zachow circa 1950. A replica of the original office includes furniture and figures from the historic depot.
The building is fully insulated and climate controlled, meeting all current code requirements. However, all visible components are true to the original 1906 construction.
- Designed to meet all current codes and integrates modern mechanical and electrical systems, while still portraying historical accuracy in aesthetics and character.