Plastic Surgery & Skin Specialists
The Baycare Plastic Surgery / Aegis Aesthetics clinic is designed with its patients in mind. Great care was taken to provide a warm and welcoming environment that feels less like a clinic and more like a spa. Subdued lighting and colors throughout provide a relaxing atmosphere for patients as well as staff. The main lobby and waiting area features a full height glass wall that invites the outdoors in. This glass wall is shielded from glare by a large exterior overhang that is an extension of the exposed laminated wood structure found in the waiting area. This wood structure forms a butterfly roof that also provides natural daylight to the nurse’s station and main corridor located at the center of the building.
Throughout the design process expandability and flexibility was a key point of discussion and were incorporated throughout the project. All of the exam rooms and offices are the same size to allow for easy re-purposing of space down the road. The interior walls are non-loadbearing to allow for easy reconfiguration of space. In addition, the building was also positioned on the site as to allow for future expansion.
The resulting facility is a clean-lined and timeless design that will allow for the evolution of a growing practice.
- Exposed laminated wood structure throughout main public areas
- Use of frosted glass to reduce glare and diffuse light above nurses station
- Full-height glass wall creating an inviting lobby space and shielded from glare by large exterior overhang
- Exterior features flat lock metal panels and large scale cast stone
- Designed for future expansion and easy re-purposing of interior rooms
- A serene color and material palette used throughout the interior to provides a calming environment