Women’s Community Center Residence and Office
The Women’s Community, Inc.
The Women’s Community Center provides specialized services and resources to people in central Wisconsin affected by domestic violence, sexual assault and unemployment. The organization’s goal is to help individuals and families attain greater emotional and economic self-sufficiency. The new community center can accommodate overnight stays for up to 40 individuals who are seeking such services. Interior finishes were specifically selected to give a warm, welcoming, home-like feel to the facility. Somerville focused on the details and designed a space where residents can feel comfortable to begin their transition to their new life.
- Administrative offices
- Advocacy offices
- Full kitchen and dining areas
- Family and single sleeping accommodations, and lounges
- Support group rooms
- Adult and teen client meeting rooms
- Fitness room and multi-purpose room
- Art room
- Secure playground and parking
- Children’s discovery room
- Serenity room
- Volunteer Program spaces for sorting, receiving and food pantry
- Top Projects of 2012 Award Winner from the Daily Reporter
They took an interest in what we do and really tried to figure out how you make a place like this a home. Throughout our entire project, what was really important to us, was that it felt like a home. Somerville really took that to heart and wanted to make it a warm, inviting, wonderful home-like atmosphere yet at the same time we have to be secured like a bank. That’s a pretty difficult task to accomplish, but they did.
Jane Graham-Jennings, Executive Director of The Women’s Community, Inc.